It’s difficult to analyse games that you were at, I was lucky enough to be at the Jets and Steelers game while in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago and I don’t want ages to go by without writing about the games for the 5 people that read these posts so I’m just gonna go into brief mode on them.
- First 3 straight wins is awesome. We’re 7 - 6 now and currently hold the 6th seed for the playoffs with 3 games left. 3 winnable games in my opinion against the Lions, Patriots and Bengals.
- The divisional crown is not out of reach yet. They’ll have to drop a game and then we have to beat them but it’s possible and that would net us at least the 4th seed and a home playoff game.
- Being at the top of the stadium for that TD pass where Jacoby Jones scorched Ed Reed against the Jets was so satisfying.
- Baltimore fans hate Ray Rice this season almost as much as me.
- Torrey Smith getting that first TD against the Steelers netted me over €200 on the trip bet.
- Mike Tomlin stuck his foot out on purpose, not a single doubt in my mind and they kept playing it in the stadium and it was awesome.
- I roared for 3 hours straight at the Steelers game, for which I got free tickets, from the Steelers, haha.
- When Sanders didn’t catch that 2 point conversion, I nearly puked from jumping around so much.
- Snow games rule. A snow superbowl would rule.
- That Vikings game was one of the best games I’ve ever watched on TV.
- Dennis Pitta is back.
- Adrian Peterson is a whingy bitch ass.
Things that need to improve going forward:
- The turnovers need to stop. Joe Flacco is making some poor throwing decisions.
- Defence is playing very well but we need more pressure on the QB and need sacks to stay on top when the offence stalls.
- Finishing drives after big plays has improved but we’re still settling for FGs too often instead of scoring TDs.
- Ray Rice needs to start doing the business now because he’s fully healthy. No excuses.
- Play-calling/execution on 4th down has to get better.
- Our tackling in 4th quarter of the Vikings game sucked.
Things that are working right now:
- Jacoby Jones is coming into his own.
- Special teams are vastly improved.
- We’re hitting the big plays and we’re getting back to not being afraid to go for them.
- Dennis Pitta’s first game back was awesome. He looks great. A big 3rd down catch and a TD.
- Marlon Brown is a superstar in the making. That TD catch with 4 seconds left was amazing.
- Matt Elam is going to be a force to be reckoned with for years.
- Flacco’s ability to keep the play alive with his feet and scramble this year has been better than ever, he’s tough to bring down.
- We’re winning.
2,000 views when I started it. Over 7,000 now. I wonder if she’ll beat 61 million with this. Genius.
Vegan shrimp and a veggie chicken Philly cheesesteak at a Govindas in Philadelphia. Absolutely incredible. #vegan #veggie #stillpunk #punkstill
Tickets on the 40 yard line. 18 rows up. Unreal. One of the best nights of my life tonight right now in BALTIMORE! #ravens #nfl #steelerssuck
America is so stupid and I love it. #oreo #tripledouble #stupidamerica
This one was tough to take, we did so much right that we weren’t doing during the season up to this point but fell short due to our biggest problem, settling for field goals instead of getting TDs.
I’ll get to the weather in a minute but having Ray Rice go on a 45+ yard run on the opening drive, score a TD and have his first 100 yard rushing game of the year is cruical. He was actually breaking tackles out there. He looked like a different runner, he looked like his old self and we need that for the remainder of the season moving forward.
Flacco’s pick six was bone-headed but he played very well all game long. He kept plays alive all game and scrambled for first downs, he played well and with 2 minutes left we had the ball and were driving for a go ahead TD. We call two poor run plays and are left with a 3rd and 3. The snap is then botched and Flacco does his best and gets the ball but has to essentially throw it away by making an over safe throw to the back of the endzone and that was the right play for him to make.
This meant we sent the game to OT instead of winning at the death. We received the ball first but couldn’t even get into FG range. Tandon Doss dropped a clutch pass and the rest is history, our defence that played great all day, couldn’t hold up and gave up the winning field goal and lost a game that we should have won.
Now we’re in a hole in the AFC North and really cannot afford to lose anymore divisional games AT ALL. And realistically, we may aswell be in the playoffs now because I think any loss from here on out puts us out of playoffs contention because we’re already a game behind the Dolphins and the Jets.
But seriously, talk about getting no luck, we were in complete control of this game in the first quarter, we scored on our opening drive, got a defensive turnover and made it a two possession game and then a fucking tornado goes close to the stadium and the game is delayed for nearly two hours. Completely killing any and all momentum that we had going, it seems ridiculous to feel hard done by by a naturally occurring violently rotating column of air but I am and I will be for the rest of the week.
Next Sunday is the Jets and the following Thursday is the Steelers. I’m going to be at both games. Please win Ravens. Please.